Program Type:Special Events
Age Group:Teens (Ages 11+)
This is an opportunity for teens to share their voices with library staff.
Anne Arundel County Public Library misses it’s teens! We invite you to make a difference in library services by sharing your unique thoughts, viewpoints, and opinions. Does sharing your ideas, speaking your mind, lifting up your voice interest you? Then we need you!
During this event, you will answer questions live with a group of other young adults in front of an audience of librarians. A focus group facilitator will help guide the conversation with a set of questions. The audience will include librarians from all over Anne Arundel County who want to learn how to make the library better for you! Some questions that will be asked are:
- How are you doing?
- What are some of your interests? What do you want to learn more about?
- What is on your mind? What brings you joy?
- We are living in a virtual world. What are you doing to get away from screens? Would you be interested in Make and Take programs (for example, getting materials for a friendship bracelet)
- How are you connecting with others?
- Have you attended a virtual library program? Why or why not?
- How do you find out about things to do?
By participating in this panel, we will provide a certificate of 1 hour of service learning.
We are looking forward to hearing YOUR voice on August 6!